On this page, you will find our:
General Terms of Agreement (Webshop)
Ship Psychology | Christel Vogels
Last updated: November 28th, 2023
General Terms of Agreement - Webshop purchases
Ship Psychology endeavours to provide a complete and representative impression of each product. If you have questions about a product before deciding to purchase, please feel free to contact us here.
Digital products are delivered to you upon completing your order. You will receive an email with the download links and/or log in link to access your products.
Physical products are shipped as soon as possible. You receive a notification when your order has been shipped. Unless specified otherwise, standard shipping is used. Delivery time may vary depending on your location and the processes of the carrier(s) and/or postal services.
All prices of products in the webshop are in Euros and include VAT and other applicable taxes (if any).
Payments are incurred in Euros. If your payment is made in another currency, exchange rates may apply. These are determined by the payment processor of your choice (Paypal, bank, as applicable). Ship Psychology has no influence over these exchange rates or the application thereof.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please contact us. We will resolve the issue as soon as possible. If that is not possible or does not solve your problem we will work with you to find a suitable and satisfactory alternative solution.
Limit to Liability
The techniques and recommendations in the Ship Psychology products and website have been worded and presented with due diligence and utmost prudence, but all content are suggestions only, and may under no circumstance be interpreted otherwise.
Ship Psychology Coaching cannot be held liable, and will not accept liability, for any damages of any kind (financial, material, emotional or otherwise) resulting from the choices, decisions and actions of any customer and/or end user.
In case of disputes, Dutch law applies.
General Terms of Agreement - Counseling services
Any form of coaching or counselling at Ship Psychology takes place under the following conditions:
As a client, you are entitled to my best efforts to help you. I cannot guarantee a result – no coach, counsellor or therapist can – but I can guarantee that you can expect the best from my knowledge and insights.
You have the right to complete information about your problem, the proposed methods, possible consequences and alternatives, all explained so that it is understandable for you. Just because information is unpleasant to hear doesn’t mean I can withhold it from you. I may only decide to exercise restraint if, in my opinion, certain information poses a serious disadvantage to you.
You have the right to indicate that you do not want certain information. I will not share it with you, unless it would cause you harm. In that case, I have a duty of care to inform you anyway.
You have the right to decide on the proposed counselling methods and to decide that you do not or no longer wish to apply a particular method. Where possible, we discuss alternatives, either in my practice or with other practitioners.
You have the right to hear from me honestly if I cannot help you. In such cases I will be open and honest about it. Where possible and/or necessary, I will help you find the right assistance.
Confidentiality, privacy & file
You have the right to privacy and confidentiality of the file that I create for you (as for all clients). To meet the legal obligations that result from law and/or the counselling agreement, I will ask for your name, address, and date of birth, as well as your email address and telephone number. During the course of the counselling, I may also ask you about your physical and mental health. Your personal and health details are strictly confidential. The contact details are only for practical purposes, and will not be used for unsolicited direct marketing of any kind.
You have the right at all times to request and inspect your file, to request changes and to make additions. You can always ask for a copy.
I keep your file safe, and I do not share personal information with third parties in any way, unless you have expressly consented to this. You can, however, provide your general practitioner or any other treatment providers with a copy of your file that you have requested.
After counselling ends, I will keep your file for another 20 years (required by law). If you want it to be destroyed earlier, you can send me a written and signed request, so that I can be sure that the request comes from you.
The only exception to the foregoing is the legal obligation to make information transparent, e.g. to a court or when my duty of care requires it. The above applies to both digital information and paper copies.
If you are not satisfied, I am very sorry. I would therefore be happy to talk to you to resolve disagreements to the satisfaction of both parties.
In the unlikely event that we cannot resolve this together, you can submit your complaint or have it submitted to Quasir, the Wkkgz [Healthcare Quality, Complaints and Disputes Act] dispute mediator that I am affiliated with:
- By post: Quasir, Klachtenfunctionaris abonnementen, Postbus 1021, 7940 KA Meppel.
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Coördinator Klachtenbemiddeling Mrs L. Boon
- By telephone: 0648445538 (Mrs L. Boon)
Please note: Expressions of dissatisfaction on online (social media) platforms are not seen as official complaints and are therefore not treated as such.
You came to me because you want to be helped. I therefore trust that you will commit yourself, just like me, to solving your problem.
I can help you best if you inform me (and keep me informed) as honestly and completely as possible about your situation. This way we get to the core of the problem – and therefore to a workable solution – faster.
You also have the obligation to adhere to the agreements in the counselling agreement, including the obligations arising from these General Terms and Conditions.
It is always possible that you or I have to cancel an appointment. Always do this by telephone, by SMS or via Whatsapp (not by e-mail). You retain your right to that session and we will reschedule the new appointment as soon as possible.
If it happens that I myself have to reschedule our appointment due to force majeure, I will not charge any extra costs and we will reschedule the session as soon as possible.
For all coaching and counselling, the full amount must be paid no later than the day of the (first) session, unless otherwise agreed in the counselling agreement. In principle, if payment is not received on time, the agreement will lapse.
For longer counselling routes, payment in instalments is possible (only in consultation). Here too, every partial payment must be made before the agreed date. If the payment obligation is not met, (the remainder of) the agreement will lapse.
Faster than expected
If you do not need all scheduled sessions to arrive at a solution that is satisfactory to you, you reserve the right to use already paid future sessions (within the term stated in the contract or otherwise within 3 months after the last session) – for example for maintenance sessions or a supplementary question.
On rare occasions, there may be circumstances in which I am morally or legally obliged to stop counselling prematurely and also to terminate the counselling agreement. In that case I will refund the money for the remaining appointments. An exception to this is when the termination is the result of moral or legally culpable misconduct on the part of the client.
Please note! If you yourself decide to stop your counselling sessions and hence terminate the counselling agreement prematurely, your right to the remaining sessions and the right to restitution of (part of) the price paid will lapse. An exception to this is if you have to terminate the agreement as a result of demonstrable force majeure. In consultation, we will look for a suitable solution in that specific situation.
Limitation of liability
The primary goal of coaching and counselling is to make you look at yourself and your situation in a new way. What you do with those insights is entirely up to you. You are in charge of your own life at all times. My input in our conversations is never intended as, and should therefore never be interpreted as, a (compulsory) assignment to make a certain choice or perform a certain action. My responsibility includes what is described under “Client rights”, but does not explicitly go beyond that.
In practice, this means
- that I do not guarantee results. The method and techniques that I apply have proven themselves, but the client is responsible for making use of them. If the client does not do so, I cannot be held responsible that ‘it does not work’;
- I am not legally or morally liable for what clients do in or with their lives. I will therefore reject any form of liability for any (consequential) damage (of financial, material, emotional or any other nature) arising from the choices and/or actions of the client outside the sessions.
We take good care of the personal information you provide on this website, as explained in this protocol:
- We don’t ask for more than what is needed to complete your webshop order.
- The information you entrust to us is only ever used to complete your request and give you access to your products, nothing else.
- Your information is stored securely and only for as long as necessary.
- Under no circumstance will any your information be sold, shared or in any other way made available to unrelated third parties.
- Related third parties are the manufacturers of the software that process the information, like the webshop software, email software, and the software that processes your payment.
- You are at all times permitted to review and change your personal information.
- At your request, your information will be permanently removed from our files.
- You also have the right to make a complaint and speak to a real person about the issue. That real person is me: Christel Vogels.
If you run into any trouble with your order, have a question or want to make a complaint, please email me at email@example.com). I will respond as soon as possible.
- Company = Ship Psychology Coaching, operated by Christel Vogels (self-employed)
- Private Individual = you, the reader
- Related Third Parties = companies producing the software and provided the server storage to process your request, like the webshop software, email software, and the software that processes your payment.
2. Relevant data
Of the Private Individual as stated in Art 1, the following data is collected, handled and/or recorded and/or stored by the Company or Related Third Parties:
- Email Address
- Billing Address (if applicable)
- Shipping Address (if applicable)
- Means of Payment (if applicable)
- Device information (“cookies”, collected automatically when a user visit a website, to technically enable browsing that website), consisting of: IP address, web browser, time zone, cookie settings, and statistical data of website interaction.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to a computer or device when the user visits a website. Cookies improve the user’s browsing experience, and also provide statistical information about website use, like repeat visits.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but a user can choose accept or block cookies through their browser controls. Please note that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact the user experience, and parts of the Company’s website may no longer be fully accessible.
3. Purpose of collecting this data
The data as laid out in Art 2 is collected, handled and/or recorded and/or stored for the sole and exclusive purpose to complete the request of the Private Individual, be it processing payment of and shipping their order, sending email order confirmations, invoices and/or log-in details related to their order, providing access to the online learning environment, organising video calls, or sending informative and/or marketing emails.
4. Storage of data
The date is handled and, where applicable, recorded and/or stored by specialised Related Third Parties, to be named specifically in Art 6. Ship Psychology does not retain additional copies of the corresponding databases. The Privacy policies of these Related Third Parties will be provided upon request.
Concerning the data specified in Art 2, the Private Individual has the right to:
- Review their data;
- Correct, complete or otherwise amend their data;
- Delete their data or parts thereof (i.e. by deleting details from their online learning account or unsubscribing from the email list);
- File a complaint about how the Company (incl. Related Third Parties) handles their data;
- Request their data be permanently removed from all relevant databases;
- Request their data be transmitted to an unrelated third party specified by the Private Individual;
- Expect a real person to communicate and handle any complaint or request.
6. Related Third Parties
The data specified in Art 2 are collected, handled and/or recorded and/or stored on the Company’s behalf by the following Related Third Parties:
- WooCommerce – webshop software, collects, handles and records name, billing and/or shipping address and email address for the purpose of completing purchases made from the webshop;
- LearnDash – online learning environment software, collects, handles, records and stores name and email address data to provide access to the learning environment and purchased courses therein.
- Mollie – handling and processing payment details for the purpose of completing purchases made from the webshop;
- WordPress – website software, records and stores data for the purpose of managing webshop and learning environment accounts;
- Zoom – hosting service for video calls, collects and handles data for the purpose of enabling access to scheduled video calls. (No visual recordings are made of any call!)
- OnceHub – online appointment planner, collects, stores and handles data to plan Zoom video calls and provide the information required to log into said calls.
- MailChimp – email service provider, collects, records and stores data to send informative and/or marketing emails to Private Individuals who subscribed to this service.
- Siteground – webhost that provides the physical server for the website, the webshop and the online learning environment.
Related Third Parties are not legally related to the Company (no shareholder or financial connection), other than through purchasing or licensing agreements for software and/or server space.
Further details about these parties and their privacy protocols can be requested from the Company. This list is updated as quickly as possible in case of additions or other changes to the above list of Related Third Parties.
7. Company privacy protocol
The Company’s protocol to ensure the safe handling, etc. of the data (Art 2) entrusted by Private Individuals is the following:
- The Company has appointed director/ower Christel Vogels as the person responsible for handling all GDPR-related issues and requests.
- The Company does not share any data from Priviate Individuals with any other party other than the Related Third parties listed in Art 6, except when legally obliged, either by law or by court order, to share information with authorities.
Complaints and request as specified in Art 5 may be directed to the person designated above, at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company endeavours to respond to such complaints and requests as soon as possible, but always within 1 month of receiving the complaint or request.
- The Company strongly recommends that any Private Individual who considers to make a (course) purchase from the webshop first reads this Privacy Protocol and make themselves aware of their right before submitting any personal data online.
- By making a (course) purchase from the webshop or book an appointment online, the Private Individual confirms to have read and accept this protocol.