The Ship Psychology Method is a practical approach to psychological self-assessment that gives you easy-to-use tools to get back onboard with yourself – and have fun doing it!
The Ship Model
When you compare our body to a vessel – a ship – our brain is her complement. And like ship’s crew consists of multiple people, so our brain is not a single entity. Rather it is a bunch of semi-cooperative parts that each have their own tasks and responsibilities within the whole:
- The Captain (our rational mind);
- The First Mate (our emotional mind);
- The Deckhand (our reptilian brain).
As the Model shows, these three Characters have their unique qualities, outlooks and weaknesses. I call them Characters, because these difference give the impression of individual personalities – and indeed, like real people, those personalities can clash!
The Ship Psychology Method
The different techniques with which you can apply this model in every-day life form the core of the Ship Psychology method. I will soon be offering:
- free webinars to explain the Ship and how it helps to tackle mental issues big and small;
- online training teaching things like
- simple tactics to manage anxiety,
- how depression works and how to prevent suicide (for yourself and for others),
- how to apply the Ship Psychology method and actually have fun getting to the bottom of your own mind.
- personal coaching in both Dutch and English.
More information can be found on our Dutch website. The English translation of the webinars, brochures and the rest of the website will follow as soon as possible!
Should you want to contact me, feel free to email me at: email@example.com.