When Ships Want To Sink | Online Course
€99,00 (inc. VAT)
Why does a depressed person not seek help? Why would they choose to end their own life?
In this 9-part video course, Christel answers these and other common questions about depression and suicide. Speaking from years of personal experience and using the Ship as a visual guide, she explains:
- what depression does to your mind,
- why that can drive a person to suicide,
- and what you can do to give yourself or your loved one a fighting chance to survive.
Includes the Survival Toolkit, a 30-page ebook with practical techniques to deal with common symptoms such as:
- intrusive thoughts,
- lethargy and lack of self-care,
- self-harm urges,
as well as what actions you can take when you or someone near you is actively suicidal.
Depression is not a mood. It is a debilitating illness. Recovery is possible, but not guaranteed. For some, it may even prove fatal.
What This Course Can Do For You
When You Are Depressed
…you may notice how your thoughts twist themselves. You feel too much or nothing at all. Everything seems pointless, overwhelming, and you doubt any of this is ever going to change for the better.
This course gives you:
- a comprehensible, visual explanation of what happens inside your head.
- a way to explain what you experience to people who can’t relate (friends, family, even therapists).
The Survival Toolkit shows you small steps you can take to help yourself get through each day. It also includes simple techniques to make asking for help easier, so you can find the support to help you recover.
When Your Loved One Is Depressed
…this course is also for you! Watching your partner, child or friend suffer from depression or suicidal episodes is torture, for you as much as it is for them.
This course gives you answers to:
- what depression is and how it affects a person’s mental processes,
- how to put a depressed person’s behaviour in context,
- why depression and suicidal episodes can remain hidden for a very long time,
- why your depressed loved one will not readily seek or accept help.
The Survival Toolkit provides practical techniques to support your loved one without overstretching yourself. It includes tools to improve conversations and provide a safe space, and detailled recommendations on how (not!) to respond when you suspect your loved one may be suicidal.
The course consists of:
- 9 video lessons (total run-time: 90 min.)
- Transcripts (PDF) for each video
- Audio files (MP3) for each video
- Survival Toolkit (30-page PDF)
- The Kraken: demonstration video to share
The course has no time limit, and all lessons are available upon purchase. Go through the material at your own pace, and revisit as often as you like!
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This video series is educational only and should under no circumstance be interpreted as a replacement for (emergency) medical help. If you are at any time afraid that you or someone near you is about to commit suicide, call the emergency services for immediate help!
9 video lessons + PDF E-book
At your own pace
Online only; captioned throughout
Included (downloadable MP3)
Included (downloadable PDF)
Depression demonstration video